Health Tips to Keep You on the Go.
Welcome to 2019 and welcome to a new opportunity for a better you. Here are a few tips from Nurse Patterson on being a healthier, happier you!
- Remember to have that one on one with your creator. “Gratitude is a must”
- No matter how busy you are, always make time to exercise. You will thank yourself later.
- Have a positive mindset; it boosts your overall health. Our bodies believe what we think.
- Do not skip breakfast. Even if it is something quick and small just make sure it’s healthy and your body will appreciate it.
- Take prescribed medications as ordered by your doctor; not when you fill a mind or when you think it is necessary.
- Keep all medical appointments/ follow ups; do not fall in that what if category.
- Stay hydrated! Remember we lose water from our body in the form of sweat and urine, so remember to replace it.
- Avoid those processed foods. Those foods are filled with ‘rewarding’ qualities meaning more salt, sugar and spices which leads to unnecessary cravings.
- Don’t exclude those veggies; whether they be raw, steamed, stir-fried or even in a juice form.
- Try to soak up some sunshine. Vitamin D or the Sunshine Vitamin helps to enhance your mood and can even aid in lowering your blood pressure.
- Moisturize, moisturize and moisturize if you want to keep that natural glow. Don’t forget that sunscreen!
- Get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation can lead to reduced brain function, headaches, fatigue, weight loss or weight gain.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands; especially now we are in the flu season. It is proven that hand washing can help prevent a large number of illness.